A Wolfpack Pick Up student-driver is responsible for the successful daily execution of the program. Drivers will safely transport students on the provided program golf carts to their desired campus destination. The role requires a level of professionalism to properly represent the service and treat the students with kindness and respect. Drivers must be familiar will campus buildings and accessible streets. This job requires each driver to hold the logistical knowledge of arriving to each ride destinations with promptness and accuracy.
Essential Functional Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for the safety of all passengers and pedestrians on campus
• Drives with extreme caution and awareness of surroundings (for pedestrians, curbs, etc.)
• Manages the operation of the golf cart properly and detects any technical issues that may arise
• Properly reads and executes the rides on each daily schedule
• Understands the importance of promptness for rides
• Maintains a clean golf cart and charges cart at appropriate times
• Communicates with student coordinator and administrative support staff promptly
• Speaks to student riders with respect, kindness, and sensitivity
• Accurately represents the program at all times while on campus
• Accepts student feedback from riders
• Treats all riders and pedestrians with respect and kindness
• Understands how to appropriately work with students with disabilities
• Holds a strong willingness to help students with their process of entering and exiting the cart
• Wears designated driver polo or other designated appropriate clothing during working hours
• Arrives to all shifts at least 5 minutes early
Student-drivers are paid between $8.50 – $10.00 per hour.
Must be an enrolled NC State University student, in good standing, taking at least 9 credit hours per semester.
Legal Class C driver’s license (or equivalent) from any state or territory of the United States.
Apply to be a Driver
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.