Join the Team!
Essential Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the safety of all passengers and pedestrians on campus
- Drives with extreme caution and awareness of surroundings (for pedestrians, curbs, etc.)
- Manages the operation of the golf cart properly and detects any technical issues that may arise
- Properly reads and executes the rides on each daily schedule
- Understands the importance of promptness for rides
- Maintains a clean golf cart and charges cart at appropriate times
- Communicates with manager and staff promptly
- Speaks to riders with respect, kindness, and sensitivity
- Accurately represents the program at all times while on campus
- Accepts feedback from riders
- Treats all riders and pedestrians with respect and kindness
- Understands how to appropriately work with community members with disabilities
- Holds a strong willingness to help
- Arrives to all shifts at least 10 minutes early
Student-drivers are employees of the university, paid $10 per hour with the opportunity for raises based on number of years on staff.
Minimum Experience Required
All student-drivers must be enrolled part-time or full-time, in a degree-seeking program, and in good standing with NC State University.